Upgraded Steering Rack Carrier / Slider by MLS Powersports
*Ready to Ship!*
OUR NEW & IMPROVED GREASABLE RACK CARRIER!
The best rack carrier upgrade on the market is now even better. No more WD40, no more spray lube. Our latest generation carrier incorporates a grease pocket between the bushings to ensure that your carrier stays lubricated and operates smoothly. Additionally we have added easy access grease zerks to ensure that you can keep it lubricated and working smoothly for years to come.
Our kit is $349 shipped in the lower 48 with your good usable rack carrier core**, or $549 shipped with a brand new carrier, or $499 shipped brand new WITH your good usable rack carrier core**.
To place your order there are 3 options:
- If you want to purchase a brand new carrier without sending us your core, select: "New, I will NOT be sending my carrier for the new core." Your out of pocket costs will be $549.
- If you want to purchase a brand new carrier AND send us your core** for a $50 credit, select: "New, I WILL be sending my carrier for a $50 refund of the core charge." By selecting this option you will be charged $549 and we will ship you a new carrier. Upon receiving your good, useable core** we will refund $50 of your original purchase price so that your total out of pocket cost will be $499.
- If you would like to purchase a rebuilt carrier with this upgrade kit and turn in your core** for the $200 credit, select: "Rebuilt, I will be sending my carrier for a $200 refund of the core charge." By selecting this option you will be charged $549 and we will ship you a rebuilt carrier. Upon receiving your good, useable core** we will refund $200 of your original purchase price so that your total out of pocket cost will be $349.
If you have a 2012 or early 2013 Wildcat with the black cast iron rack carrier, you will need to purchase a new carrier. We cannot accept the cast iron unit for a core for the credit.
If you own a Wildcat 1000/X/4, you either do, or will begin to hate the steering effort. It's fine at first but in pretty short order, effort begins to increase. It gets notchy, has dead spots, it sticks at certain points, etc. People try everything to fix it, new cables, linkage, lubrication, replacement racks, etc. Well, finally, we have a bolt in, long term answer.
There are rare times when the cable, the cable u-bolt, or misalignment of the brackets cause some issues but 95% of these issues are caused by a binding in the rack carrier to the support rods. The factory bushings are cheap and wear out very quickly. The newer design billet carriers are better but they still wear quickly. When you put a new one in, all is well and about 300-500 miles later (in some cases even less) steering is horrible again.
We have been working on a permanent fix for the issue and it is finally ready. Our kit is simple, inclusive and easy to install. Here is what you get:
- A rebuilt rack carrier with new, ultra heavy duty, long-lasting bushings, with a new, oil resistant, neoprene wiper pad (vs the stock felt) and new seals - fully assembled
- Two new hardened steel and chrome plated support bars
It sounds simple but that is all it takes. This is much more than just replacement bushings. This kit requires machining of your carrier (or a new machined carrier) plus our custom made support bars. We have tried and tested every type of bushing, linear bearing, etc and this oil impregnated setup is self lubricating and a much more precise fit than factory. It is low maintenance, has vastly improved wear characteristics and will make you fall in love with your Wildcat all over again.
**The usability of your core will be determined upon receipt. If your core is determined to be unusable, it can be returned to you at your cost. If you have a 2012 or early 2013 Wildcat with the black cast iron rack carrier, you will need a new carrier. We cannot accept the cast iron unit for a core.